Monday Morning Hustle October 17, 2023
6 Prospecting Ideas For Low-Inventory Markets
Low housing inventory got you down? Use your MLS’s public records/property data system to prospect and target potential leads.
Frank Goswitz, a REALTOR® from Knoxville, Tennessee, definitely knows how to use this rich information to reach prospective clients. He recently told us how he uses his property data system to target potential leads in his area. In this article, we’ll share Frank’s prospecting tips and offer six campaign ideas you can execute with your own property data system.
Frank’s local REALTOR® association provides him access to CRS Data’s MLS Tax Suite. He says he uses it for everything from “finding what the owner originally paid to reviewing pictures of the property plat map, lot size and school zones. The possibilities are endless and make it possible to service my clients beyond their initial expectations.”
When it comes to lead generation, however, he primarily targets homeowners near listings that have just sold. “I target approximately 500 prospects at a time, depending on the size of the subdivision.”
Here are six more ideas you can leverage to your advantage:
- Rising home values campaign–Nudge reluctant sellers off the fence by reminding them how much profit they can make off their home by selling now. Send out mailers that list how much home prices have risen in the area you’re targeting. Be sure to include a call-to-action, such as a free home valuation.
- Sold listing campaign–When you sell a home, send out a mailer to homes nearby that shows what the home sold for. In today’s market, that’s usually a big number, so make that information prominent. If the home sold over the asking price or very quickly, mention that success point.
- New listing campaign–Homeowners are curious about other homes in their neighborhood. What do they look like? How much are they worth compared to my home? Tap into this curiosity by sending a postcard or flyer that announces your new listing and all its details: price, bed/bath, square footage, school district, etc.
- Expired listings campaign–If there’s one thing expired listings have going for them, it’s this: they want to sell their home. Something went wrong with their last attempt at a sale—the price was too high, repairs were needed, etc. Whatever the case, they are prime targets for prospecting. Send a note encouraging them to list their home with you.
- Likely mover campaign–How long do residents in your area stay in their homes? If you know this piece of information, you can use it to target owners who have been in their home for around that amount of time—and statistically may be likely to move soon. Send a postcard to help nudge them into listing.
- Renters/new buyers campaign–Do you enjoy working with first-time buyers? Consider targeting renters in affluent neighborhoods. Your property data platform’s “owner type” filter can help. For example, with the MLS Tax Suite, you can filter results by absentee owner, out-of-state owner, in-state owner, and owner-occupied properties. All options except owner-occupied can help you target properties with renters. Bonus: You can also use this filter to unearth vacation properties or second homes.
Creating your prospecting campaign
Once you know what kind of prospecting campaign you want to send out, you can generate mailing lists and create labels within your property tax data system.
To learn more about CRS Data and the company’s MLS Tax Suite, visit CRSData.com. Not a CRS Data user? Contact your public records provider or MLS help desk for assistance.
Our articles, tips and advice are taken from various respected real estate gurus around the world. We give credit where credit is due and always want to share the how to connect with our readers. We are a real estate marketing agency and provide the digital tools you need to grow and succeed in real estate. If this article is yours and or any of the information found in this article is copy-written in any way and you wish for us to take it down. Simply contact us via email or call us 866.683.5251
All In One
Our All In One package is pretty transparent and straight forward. You will not have to do much of anything and our creative team will handle everything from posting everyday on your behalf, working closely with you on your property promotions, reviews, and things you want to share throughout your social platforms. We will curate content for your newsletter, blog and publish everything. Your newsletter is created, and sent to your database by us but from you. We do all the work. You get to sit back and let the marketing machine power your business. All In One means we do all the work, you get all the rewards.
Once you have pulled the trigger and agreed to become a rock star agent one of our project managers will reach out and schedule a on boarding call/zoom meeting. They will go over things like style, design likes and dislikes, get to know you, your brand and lay the ground work for your amazing transformation. We are a small high-end boutique driven company. The focus is on you and creating an online listing presentation so you’ll sell more, and grow your business with impactful success tools. All done for you.
Our first goal is to settle on a personal brand logo. This is the most important element because it sets the stage for your look, brand and feel for the entire design process. We will send you a handfull of designs within the first 24 business hours. If you love one great we move on. We keep sending you more until you find the one you love.
Because your site will be built custom from the ground up we can’t just flip a switch and add your name, bio and photo and have a website like most companies. We need to learn your process, your value proposition, who you are and what makes you succesful (Don’t worry we have lots of great ways of making you look amazing). It is our goal to have a theme designed within the first week to share with you so we can get approval on design and finish the process. Building a true custom website takes 20 to 30 hours of work so be patient and trust the process. We have built 187 sites for agents just like you and not one agent ever said… “I don’t like it” In fact everyone loves the finished product.
Once we have a completed website our next step is gaining IDX (MLS) approval from your local association and MLS board. This process can take a few days so we finalize your social accounts, newsletter contacts, proofing etc. at this time so that you will hit the ground running once we get approval. In general it takes about two weeks to complete a project.
Yes and no. We have an agreement that you can cancel anytime after the first 90 days as long as you give us at least a 60 day notice. Our agreement simply outlines our software rules, and what happens when you do cancel etc. For complete details on our on boarding process you can email us at email@example.com or call/text anytime 866.683.5251
We do not charge a set up fee. We do however charge one month in advance to ensure you are serious an we don’t get stuck paying for server space, software and you cancel or fail to pay. This has never happened so we are fairly confident you’ll love the end result. We bill the first day of each month one month in advance. The cut-off day is the 20th of each month. If you sign up prior to the 20th you ill start the very next month. If you sign up after the 20th you will skip the next month and officially start the second month.
Yes there can be! Your monthly subscription includes your first 500 contacts. We essentially charge $20.00 more a month for more contacts depending on how many you have.
- 0-500 Included
- 501-2,500 +$20.00/month
- 2,501-5,000 +$40.00/month
- 5,001-10,000 +$70.00/month
If you have more than 10,000 contacts we will need to talk.
We do occasional encounter third party fees for special requests. MLS Fees can vary in some communities. Any additional fees are fully disclosed upfront and we are happy to fully refund your initial subscription fee if the fees are too high. (Again, this has never happened so we are confident that you will not encounter any additional fees beyond your database count.
Yes! We would love to hop on a call or even a Zoom whereas we can show you our products live, get to know you and answer all your questions. If this is what you would like to do, you can use the form below or call/text us anytime to schedule a day and time.
See how MyQuali can help you grow your real estate business.
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll immediately connect you to our team of real estate marketing project managers to walk through your goals and give you a live demo. To get started, complete the form or give us a call at +1 866.683.5251
Get Everything Above, Logo, Website, Social Media, Newsletter and blogging all done for you. $298/monthly ↴
Choose your plan
We bill one month in advance. Cancel anytime with a 30 day notice. No contracts, no commitments. Just Beautifully done marketing for you. Once you complete your sign up we will send you a simple questionnaire so we can get started on your marketing. Please allow at least two week to design and create your platform. Remember this is a fully custom website so it takes a few days to create.
Daily Social Posts
Daily social Posts
*Team Packages include One Team Website with Team Member Pages, Daily Social Posts, Monthly Newsletter and Blogs for entire team. Team pricing is for 2 to 5 team members. Please contact us at 866.683.5251 for custom pricing if you have more team members. Additional Team Member Websites can be created for $148.00 a month per Team Member
**Websites include IDX Home Search. via iHomeFinder Solutions. Additional local MLS Fees may apply.